Manage Time Like Money
Why did you get into business for yourself? Was it to be your own boss? Choose your own hours? Have more time with the family? Spend more time doing what you love? Chances are, you answered yes to all these questions.
These days, you probably wonder where the time went. Why you spent 12 hours at work and barely made a dent in your to-do list. We already know that time is a key resource for you and your business, but it’s also a key resource in your life. Harnessing and leveraging time is the only way to enjoy life and have a profitable business at the same time.
Time will never manage itself. The decision to make a pro-active effort to manage your time must come from you. Once you have committed to taking ownership for your own time management, there are a host of tools available to you.
The Five Culprits of time Theft
- Your Email – How many times a day do you check your email? Is Outlook or Mail constantly running on your desktop.
- Your Smart Phone – Smart phones have created convenience, security and the luxury of telecommuting, but also the ability to work day and night.
- Your Open-Door Policy – If you make it easy for your staff and associates to interrupt you, they will.
- Meetings – How many times have you been to a meeting that was scheduled to be an hour, and ended up lasting three?
- You! – Every person has daily habits that sabotage their ability to work effectively and efficiently.
Simple Strategies for Profitable Time Management
- Set clear priorities
- Use your skills – delegate your weaknesses
- Create and keep a strict schedule
- Be decisive
- Manage telephone interruptions
- Keep your work environment organized
- Keep your filing system (digital or paper) organized
- Say goodbye to perfection
- Plan your work, work your plan
Choose the top 3 to 5 tips from this article, write them down with corresponding actions and start getting time back tomorrow. For example, if you are going to set a strict schedule, three actions might be to establish the schedule, communicate it to your staff, and re-record your voicemail message.
PS. Do not leave this blog until you have a plan of action!
PPS. If you’re looking for a proven system to grow your business …. we created business development software and high-end step by step training to support it…
I can find any business owner $100,000 in 45 minutes without them spending an extra dollar on marketing or advertising.’
Visit me on optaprofit.com to find out how
Don Vanpool … AKA “The King of Cash”